With Thinktastic’s not so ‘Secret Seven’
If you are a leader and you want your organisation to shine in 2014 here’s my Thinktastic promise to you in a nutshell. Bring me in to help you push on and you will emerge with a new clarity of vision, happier, more confident and more productive people and an enhanced reputation. I have done it again and again, because I focus on doing seven things that make organisations extraordinary and successful.
1. A bold vision that’s simple and compelling – It keeps everyone’s eye on the long game and makes decision making easier. Does it contribute to our vision? Yes. Then do it. No. Don’t do it – even if it means short-term pain
2. Encourage new ideas every day and in every way. They exist at all levels and should have no hierarchy. People thrive on being creative and having responsibility. Tasks become mechanical. Value people and their ideas and leaders will emerge from all corners. Let them make mistakes and learn from them
3. Be customer centric in all your thoughts and deeds – walk in your customers’ shoes daily and create a human rather than statistical narrative. People stories inspire
4. Promote positive collaboration as a norm. Committees drain organisational energy and seem to exist to exist. Collaborations can be short-term or long-term, can be organised quickly, remain flexible and are far more productive
5. Celebrate people’s achievements (small and large) and we focus on those behaviours that contribute to your vision. When we do this, we generate an ever-fiercer determination to do the right things
6. Crack down on destructive internal politics and back-biting. Get everyone to sign up to this value and encourage people to speak openly, honestly and report those that breach it. We remove at a stroke the poison that kills most organisational cultures
7. Speak plainly and inspirationally – put zest and clarity into all your communication from the spoken to the written word. Don’t expect anyone pay attention to anything less? Storyboard Business Plans? Why not?
Learn more about the Thinktastic way