As we wipe the tiredness from our eyes how easy it becomes to avoid that New Year opportunity to really think afresh about how we approach our life and work. Emails draw us back to discussions we had last year, people around us sigh at the prospect of returning to their routine and the challenges we faced before the New Year bells start to clamour for our attention. What looked like a freshly laundered sheet in our imagination seems to carry the same old stains. Before we know it, we find ourselves wrapped up in the same cycle of thought.
Stop now and shake yourself from that way of thinking.
Let’s remind ourselves of the prediction that humanity will change more in the next 30 years than it has in the entire human history. Our children and their children need us to help shape that future – not to shy away from it.
I woke up this morning with a determination to use my influencing and motivational skills to help my clients (existing and new) get ahead of the curve and to make the process of doing so enlightening and empowering. Reinvention, I am familiar with. In fact, the pattern of my life is characterised by repeated fresh starts. I can say with certain knowledge that it can be exhilarating. That I am in my 66th year and still quiver with the excitement at what I might do in the next phase of my life is proof of an undiminished appetite to make the world around me happier, healthier and more productive.
I see a widening of opportunities ahead and I ask you to join me in making 2016 our ‘annus mirabilis’
A year in which we:
Never lose sight of the bigger picture
Think bigger and bolder than ever
Form imaginative and previously unthinkable collaborations
Turn ambitious ideas into actions
If this all sounds to urgent, consider some of Futurologist, Thomas Frey’s dramatic predictions for 2030 – only 15 years hence.
- 80% of all doctor visits will have been replaced by automated exams.
- Over 90% of all restaurants will use some form of a 3D food printer in their meal preparations.
- More than10% of all global financial transactions will be conducted through Bitcoin or Bitcoin-like crypto currencies.
- A growing number of motorways designated as driverless-vehicle only
- A Chinese company will become the first to enter the space tourism industry by establishing regular flights to their space hotel.
- The world’s largest Internet company will be in the education business, and it will be a company we have not heard of yet.
- Over 20% of all new construction will be “printed” buildings
- The first city will harvest 100% of its water supply from the atmosphere.
- World religions will have made a resurgence, with communities of faith growing by nearly 50% over what they are today.
- 50% of all traditional colleges will have collapsed, paving the way for an entire new education industry to emerge.
- a surge of Micro Colleges spring to life, each requiring less than 6 months of training and apprenticeship to switch professions.
- the first hurricane stopped by human intervention
- wireless power used to light up invisible light bulbs in the middle of a room.
- the first demonstration of a technology to control gravity, reducing the pull of gravity on an object by as much as 50%.
- Traditional police forces will be largely automated out of existence with less than 50% of current staffing levels on active duty.
- 90% of all libraries will offer premium services as part of their business model
- Over 30% of all cities in the U.S. will operate their electric utilities as micro grids
- global elections will be run to create a new global mandate, forcing world leaders to take notice.
- Traditional pharmaceuticals replaced by hyper-individualised medicines that are manufactured at the time they are ordered.
- marijuana will be legalized in all 50 states in the U.S. and half of all countries.
- It will be common to use next generation search engines to search the physical world.
- Basic computer programming will be considered a core skill required in over 20% of all jobs.
- We will have seen multiple attempts to send a probe to the centre of the earth.
- A form of tube transportation will be well on its way to becoming the world’s largest infrastructure project.
“Our children’s children, who haven’t even been born yet, are counting on us!”